All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis beautifully illustrated, vintage collection of thirty classic nursery rhymes is the perfect gift for any baby or child. First published in 1911, it includes favourites such as Humpty Dumpty, Mary Had a Little Lamb, Sing a Song of Sixpence and Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, each in its full version with verses you may t have discovered before. The rhymes are all illustrated in delicate watercolour tones by Dutch illustrator, Henriette Willebeek le Mair.
- Author BiographyHenriette Willebeek Le Mair (1889-1966) was born in Rotterdam to a family of wealthy merchants. Her father, a keen patron of the arts, encouraged his daughter's artistic talent, and in 1910 she was commissioned to illustrate a collection of nursery rhymes, which was originally published as Our Old Nursery Rhymes. Through her extensive travels abroad, Henriette developed an interest in Eastern religion, languages and culture. In 1921, she converted to Sufism, a mystical Islamic philosophy. Although painting remained important to Henriette throughout her life, her religious work eventually took precedence over her illustration.
- PublisherFloris Books
- Date of Publication19/09/2013
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFloris Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width280 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Illustrator(s)H. Willebeek le Mair
- Interest AgeFrom 2
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.88Trending at AU $65.52
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.76
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $31.90
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $86.08
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $47.63
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.33
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $31.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.