Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.07Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSilversmithing for Jewellery Makers is a comprehensive examination of all the techniques, surface treatments, and invations used by silver jewellery makers. Unlike more general silversmithing books that also include silver ornaments, this book places a strong emphasis on the information that is relevant to jewellery makers, giving them all they need to kw about working with this unique and versatile material. It takes the reader through the basic skills as well as specialist techniques and treatments for silver jewellery making. Traditional techniques such as filigree are examined alongside contemporary designs that marry metals and mix materials to create unique textures and surfaces. This authoritative and lusciously illustrated book offers a comprehensive and inspirational insight into the art and craft of silver jewellery making for today's artisan. Profiles of contemporary practitioners punctuate every section along with galleries that show a range of finished works. Packed with instructional information and inspiration this book is aimed at the range of home-crafters as well as professional jewelry makers who are looking for a more detailed insight into working with silver. The comprehensive resource section details the practicalities of learning about and selling jewelry in the contemporary accessories market. Silver is easy to work with, affordable, and results in elegant, stylish jewellery that is above the level of the more crafty beads-and-colored-stones style of jewellery making. Being versatile and malleable means this is a material that jewellery makers can experiment with and also use with a combination of other materials to create unique, stylish, and highly sophisticated looking jewellery. Silversmithing and jewellery courses alike are highly subscribed, and barring a highly respected 30 year old title, other book adequately addresses silver jewellery -making techniques for the modern maker. The majority of silversmithing books focus on ornaments and include a lot of information that is t relevant to the jewellery maker, and there is a distinct gap in the market for this contemporary appraisal of the craft. With its comprehensive range of techniques and inspiration Silversmithing for Jewellery Makers is a must-have for all levels of jewellery makers and designers and guarantees a strong position on the backlist.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Bone
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication10/03/2012
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note200 colour illustrations
- Weight700 g
- Width190 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine14 mm
Most relevant reviews
- sunsandy6211 May, 2017by
This book offers excellent tutorials on all types of silversmithing, I find it very useful.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.74
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.