All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.36Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis latest comprehensive work on Simon Magus lends new impetus to the investigation of Early Christianity and questions surrounding the origin and nature of Gsticism. Major contributions of this study include: (1), a departure from the traditional exegesis of Acts 8, 5-24 (the first narrative source of Simon), and the later following reports of ancient Christian writers; (2), an overview of the literature of Graeco-Roman antiquity to determine the contribution of magic and the Magoi in the development of perceptions and descriptions of Simon; and (3), the inclusion of social science explanation models and modern estimations of identity , in a creative approach to questions surrounding the phemen of Simon.
- Author BiographyDr. Stephen Haar is senior pastor of Glynde Lutheran Church, Adelaide, South Australia. This book is a revision of his Ph.D. dissertation under the supervision of Professor Michael Lattke, Department of Studies in Religion, University of Queensland, Brisbane/Australia.
- Author(s)Stephen Haar
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication16/04/2003
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleBeihefte zur Zeitschrift fur die Neutestamentliche Wissenschaft
- Series Part/Volume Number119
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight691 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.