All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionWhat was it which transformed an obscure fisherman into the famous founder of the Christian Church, which is arguably the most world-changing movement ever? It was the revelation of FAITH. The brief Bible references to the disciple and apostle Simon Peter provide special insight into the ministry and person of Jesus Christ, and draw our attention to what was happening at that moment in the training Peter was receiving from the Master, which moved him from lowly beginnings to the world-changer he became. Each reference in the Bible to Simon Peter is pregnant with significance. This was the man who would be nurtured and mentored by Jesus and the text specifically draws out what Jesus was doing with him for the job which lay ahead. No reference to him was random and without purpose. The book deals with them all in order and answers the question, Why was Peter mentioned here? The journey for Simon Peter deals with the vital issue of FAITH. That is where we see the transformation in him which made him so effective as a leader, miracle worker, teacher and evangelist. The truth is that there was thing special in him, as also with all of us. But like him, we need to be on that same journey of faith discovery and apply what he was taught by the Master, for us also to be people of astounding faith.
- Author BiographyMalcolm Baxter was born in 1944 in Tolworth, Surrey, England. His parents were Christians, and throughout his childhood, church attendance, daily prayer and bible instruction was normal, but not unbalanced. He appreciated the values of a Christian way of life, and made a personal commitment when seventeen years old. Throughout the subsequent fifty years, Malcolm has had a preaching, teaching and leadership ministry in evangelical churches, and has been an active Gideon for twenty five years. In 1989, Malcolm and a business partner started a firm of financial advisers in Tring, and as an entrepreneur has been challenged by having to deal with business issues which needed remarkable faith. That led him to re-examine the bible in the light of needing ever more faith to resolve many situations. He now co-leads a workplace church in Tring, in order to emphasise the spiritual reality of faith 'at work.' Malcolm is married to Margaret, and has four children, Katy, Richard, Charlie and James.
- Author(s)Malcolm Baxter
- Date of Publication10/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight617 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.