All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.08
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionIn her new book, Dusseldorf-based photographer Simone Nieweg roams the forests of Central Europe, Scandinavia, and the US. Nature and landscapes including their manmade guise of cultivated gardens, fields, and pastures have been the focus of her photographic interest for more than 30 years. She always returns from her forays into the undeveloped fringes of suburbia and areas seemingly untouched by civilization with tranquil images devoid of people. Despite the images austerity of composition and technical perfection, the light that plays in the treetops or upon the leaf-covered forest floor evokes a mood that can only be described in the words of the enlightened Romantic poet Heinrich Heine in his poem Woodland Solitude, here quoted in part: ...In the forest, in the forest I made my home/ Lead an unfettered life with beast and gme;/ Fairies and harts with antlers held high/ Showed reluctance to draw nigh...
- Author(s)Heinrich Heine
- PublisherSchirmer/Mosel Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication20/02/2016
- Place of PublicationMunchen
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSchirmer/Mosel Verlag GmbH
- Width310 mm
- Height280 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.