All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSet within the netherworld of thoroughbred racing, this hair-raisingly funny new play by the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of True West explores the classical themes of memory, loyalty, and restitution. Simpatico launches readers into regions where high society meets the low life, and where, as one of the main characters observes, " someone is cutting someone else's throat."
- Author BiographySam Shepard has written forty-six plays, eleven of which have won Obie Awards. In 1979 he was awarded the Pulitzer Prize for Drama for <i>Buried Child</i>, and in 1984 he gained an Oscar nomination for his performance in <i>The Right Stuff</i>. His screenplay for <i>Paris, Texas</i> won the Golden Palm Award at the 1984 Cannes Film Festival, and he wrote and directed the film <i>Far North</i> in 1988. Other plays by Shepard include <i>Curse of the Starving Class</i>, <i>True West</i>, <i>Fool for Love</i>, and <i>A Lie of the Mind</i>. In 1986 he was elected to the American Academy of Arts and Letters.
- Author(s)Sam Shepard
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/1996
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width133 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.