All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is designed for those of you who have never worked in retail before and would like the low down from a seasoned pro about how it all works so that you can convince a future employer that you can make the change from mechanic or nurse or factory worker, if you are just finishing your school years or whatever it is you do w, to a valuable employee in their organisation. In this book is a step-by-step guide to the basics of selling that will get you headed in the right direction for making more money. It is also designed for those of you who may like to develop better retail skills to be able to go from department store shop assistant to a more challenging and more profitable role in a commission-related environment such as electrical, mobile phones, furniture or real estate. Commission-based retail jobs can earn you so much more money than regular retail jobs and give you a level of enjoyment that the others just can't. The techniques in this book will take you from being an order-taker to being a top salesperson. It may seem that there is an overwhelming amount of information here and you may think, 'How am I going to do all that in one interaction with a customer?' The answer is that most of this will become automatic after you have been doing it for a while and you won't even kw you are doing it. If you start out with the basics before you move onto the advanced techniques you will be just fine. In fact, you will be streets ahead of most of the sales people out there! There may be some of you who are reading this book that have achieved great success in the above fields of retail and just want a refresher; a get back-to-basics type of journey. There will be many things in here that you already kw and hopefully there will also be some you don't, or possibly some things you used to do but have forgotten about. The section on Advanced Selling Techniques will give you hints and tips on how to hone your already considerable skills and increase your income. You want to maximise what you are earning by continuing to increase your skill level. This level is by means exhaustible, you can get better and better every day and earn more and more money. The difference between this book and all the others out there is that this book is also about creation. Creating something in your life, your customers' lives and in the culture of the company you work for. It's about you being more than an instrument. It's about you being able to create fulfillment and joy through your job in retail. It's about inspiring those around you and being the best you can be. We have a unique opportunity in retail. We come into contact with hundreds of people every week. If you worked in an office or factory, you would probably only see the same people week in and week out, so being exposed to the public every day is your opportunity to make a difference in people's lives. Large or small differences, it doesn't matter which, the point is to t waste your chance to create a new way of interacting that enhances all our experiences on this planet in our life time. This is the secret to making more money in your job in retail. It's all about what you give to your customer and t what you will get form them. All the great money gurus in the world talk about contribution. What are you contributing to society? How are you enriching their lives? So there it is. All spelled out for you in simple easy steps and every day language. I wish you all the best!
- Author BiographySo, a bit about me and why I am qualified to write a book like this. I have worked in the retail game for the past 28 years, not exactly intentionally, but more because it is something I am just naturally good at. I have purposely increased my skill level over the years by closely observing my colleagues and through all the various training and development courses I have attended, to the point where I can sell anything to anyone as long as I believe in my product and believe it can benefit my customer. I have also developed an ability to put people at ease and make a connection with them. I can make people feel special, respected and valued, which is something everyone wants, but only some have learned the skill of bestowing. It is important that you know that I didn't start off with this skill. I was very shy as a teenager and would avoid interacting with people when I could. This is something I have had to work on! As I progressed in my career to retail store management I longed for a handbook that I could give my new team members. After so many years of training so many people I was a bit tired of saying the same things over and over again so I wrote it all down. It took me a long time and I am still tweaking and fiddling with it every day, but I consider it my legacy to all the new enthusiastic salespeople out there. I now write professionally as an internet marketer, have a Success Coaching business and work from home where I can keep an eye on my growing children.
- Author(s)Mrs Erin Lane
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication06/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.