All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThai takeout meets authentic, regional flavors in this collection of 100 recipes for easy, ecomical, and accessible Thai classics--from the rising star behind the blog She Simmers. Who can say to a delicious plate of Pad Thai with Shrimp; a fresh, tangy Green Papaya Salad; golden Fried Spring Rolls; or a rich, savory Pork Toast with Cucumber Relish? Thai food is t only one of the most vibrant, wonderfully varied cuisines in the world, it also happens to be one of the tastiest, and a favorite among American eaters. The good news is, with the right ingredients and a few basic tools and techniques, authentic Thai food is easily within reach of home cooks. Take it from Leela Punyaratabandhu, a Bangkok native and author of the popular Thai cooking blog She Simmers. In her much-anticipated debut cookbook, Leela shares her favorite recipes for classic Thai fare, including beloved family recipes, popular street food specialties, and iconic dishes from Thai restaurant menus around the world. All of Leela s recipes have been tested and tweaked to ensure that even the busiest cook can prepare them at home. With chapters on key ingredients and tools, base recipes, one-plate meals, classic rice accompaniments, and even Thai sweets, Simple Thai Food is a complete primer for anyone who wants to give Thai cooking a try. By the end of the book, you ll be whipping up tom yam soup and duck red curry that will put your local takeout joint to shame. But perhaps more importantly, you ll discover an exciting new world of Thai flavors and dishes including Stir-Fried Chicken with Chile Jam, Leaf-Wrapped Salad Bites, and Crispy Wings with Three-Flavored Sauce that will open your eyes to all the wonderful possibilities that real Thai cooking has to offer.
- Author BiographyLeela Punyaratabandhu grew up in a traditional Thai home in the heart of Bangkok where cooking was taken very seriously. She created the cooking blog She Simmers, which in 2012 was voted Best Regional Cuisine blog by Saveur. Her writing has appeared in CNN Travel, a website on Asian travel destinationsby CNN International, and the award-winning food website Serious Eats, among others. Leela divides her time between Chicago and Bangkok.
- Author(s)Leela Punyaratabandhu
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication20/05/2014
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTen Speed Press
- Content Note75 colour photos
- Weight862 g
- Width189 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.