All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionSimplicial Global Optimization is centered on deterministic covering methods partitioning feasible region by simplices. This book looks into the advantages of simplicial partitioning in global optimization through applications where the search space may be significantly reduced while taking into account symmetries of the objective function by setting linear inequality constraints that are managed by initial partitioning. The authors provide an extensive experimental investigation and illustrates the impact of various bounds, types of subdivision, strategies of candidate selection on the performance of algorithms. A comparison of various Lipschitz bounds over simplices and an extension of Lipschitz global optimization with-out the Lipschitz constant to the case of simplicial partitioning is also depicted in this text. Applications benefiting from simplicial partitioning are examined in detail such as nlinear least squares regression and pile placement optimization in grillage-type foundations. Researchers and engineers will benefit from simplicial partitioning algorithms such as Lipschitz branch and bound, Lipschitz optimization without the Lipschitz constant, heuristic partitioning presented. This book will leave readers inspired to develop simplicial versions of other algorithms for global optimization and even use other n-rectangular partitions for special applications.
- Author(s)Julius Zilinskas,Remigijus Paulavicius
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/10/2013
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Optimization
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note51 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight237 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.