All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionThe wood industry has recently made significant changes in its design standards. LRFD (load and resistance factor design) methods are being used for design analysis to relate more effectively to CAD design methods. CAD design systems have become generally accepted, and their impact on design processes needs to be addressed. This text develops the topic of the design of wooden structures for buildings using current industry products and standards and accepted construction practices. It is heavily illustrated, with many examples of design and investigation of ordinary elements and systems for building structures.
- Author Biography<b>JAMES AMBROSE</b>, Editor of the <i>Parker/Ambrose Series of Simplified Design Guides</i>, has practiced as an architect in California and Illinois, and as a structural engineer in Illinois. He recently retired as professor of architecture at the University of Southern California.
- Author(s)Harry Parker
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication06/05/1994
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleParker/Ambrose Series of Simplified Design Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Out-of-print date24/07/2001
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width144 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Revised byJames Ambrose
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.