All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCelebrity make-up artist Gary Cockerill is best kwn for his glamorous, sultry make-up style. Much in demand for his ability to make women look and feel fabulous, he regularly travels the world to get clients ready for red-carpet events, photoshoots and television appearances. In Simply Glamorous, Gary proves that with a little kwledge and practice, everyone can use make-up to enhance or disguise so they feel confident in their appearance. He begins by demonstrating what he loves most about make-up: its ability to transform. By applying four different looks to one face, he shows how the same 'blank canvas' can be natural, sophisticated, glamorous or dramatic. He then presents 15 breathtaking makeovers on women of all ages, explaining step by step how to re-create the looks. Divided into 'Face', 'Eyes' and 'Lips', the transformations range from nude and natural - 'Barely There', 'Sun-kissed Goddess' and 'Girl Next Door' - to high octane glamour - 'Showgirl', 'Bombshell' and 'Glamour Puss'. They illustrate every aspect of make-up, from contouring, to false eyelashes, to wearing colour, and include the iconic looks that Gary is always asked to create - the smoky eye, the fifties flick and the red lip. 'Tutorials' address key topics in greater detail, such as skincare, foundation, contouring and application techniques for eyes and lips. As a self-taught make-up artist, Gary works instinctively with amazing results. His approach is creative and painterly, and his teaching style is friendly and down-to-earth as he shows how glamorous make-up can be accessible to everyone. He may t always do things the conventional way, but his techniques are the result of more than 25 years spent working with women and men of all ages, ethnicities and styles. He kws what works and what looks good, and encourages everyone to have fun and experiment with make-up to make themselves look and feel beautiful and glamorous.
- Author BiographyGARY COCKERILL is one of the UK's most successful celebrity make-up artists with a repertoire of work spanning stage and screen, editorial, events and advertising. Much sought after for his super-sexy, glamorous make-up style, Gary has an extensive client list that includes male and female stars of all ages - Kelly Brook, Martine McCutcheon, Jerry Hall, Honor Blackman, Isla Fisher, Katie Price, Rachel Hunter, Melanie Griffith, Rupert Everett and David Beckham, to name a few. Gary's attention to detail and drive for perfection result in some of the most exquisite imagery. His philosophy - 'external beauty promotes inner confidence' - means that he strives to make every client look and feel amazing. In his expert capacity as one of the country's leading make-up artists, Gary has made several television appearances, both presenting and in guest roles on high-profile shows. He is a regular guest speaker and consultant for make-up brands on product development, and has had many roles as a brand ambassador. He is currently working on an exciting new colour cosmetics collection for launch in 2016. Gary has written one other book, his autobiography, From Coal Dust to Stardust.
- Author(s)Gary Cockerill
- PublisherJacqui Small LLP
- Date of Publication17/09/2015
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJacqui Small LLP
- Content Notec.590 colour photographs
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.59
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.