Simply Modern Jewelry: Designs from the Editor of Stringing Magazine by Danielle Fox (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.99+ AU $9.99 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ogma_books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.24Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionEver see a stylish piece of jewelry in a boutique or department store and think, I wonder if I could make that? With Simply Modern Jewelry, Designs from the Editor of Stringing Magazine, you'll be armed with all the instruction and inspiration you need to create accessories for your entire wardrobe! Geared to the vice beader, Simply Modern Jewelry begins with Bead Shopping 101 , a section that describes basic beads and shows how to make the most of shopping time and money. Danielle takes the reader through selecting beads, colors and findings to achieve project success from start to finish. Basic techniques covered in the book include stringing, crimping, use of jump rings, wireworking and ktting, and each project lists materials, tools, finished size of project, level of difficulty, technique, and complete step-by-step instructions and photos. Throughout the book Danielle provides insight into her own design process showing how easy it can be to add personal twists to the projects in the book. She also includes a step-by-step techniques section written in an easy, conversational style. The thirty projects are divided into five chapters that highlight a design concept in jewelry-making: Easy Does It features projects that can be made in under an hour; Experiment with Sizing showcases projects that play with length; Find Your Inspiration illustrates how to use inspiration and translate that into projects; Mix It Up inspires you to experiment with new beading materials; Play with Symmetry shakes up designs for an entirely new look. All the designs reflect a modern design sensibility for creating fashionable, boutique-quality jewelry. Danielle Fox, editor of Stringing magazine, shares her expertise with this primer on how to create simple yet unforgettable accessories for the modern DIY crowd. Simply Modern Jewelry is the quick and easy guide to making fashionable necklaces, bracelets, and earrings that express personal style.
- Author BiographyDanielle Fox is the editor of Stringing magazine. Prior to working at Interweave Press, she was an editor at House Beautiful magazine in New York City and an editor at Colorado Homes & Lifestyles magazine in Englewood, Colorado. She has done freelance writing for The Denver Post, The Boulder Daily Camera, Natural Home magazine, Footwear News, and Boulder magazine. Danielle lives in Longmont, Colorado.
- Author(s)Danielle Fox
- PublisherInterweave Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2008
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLoveland, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInterweave Press Inc
- Out-of-print date13/11/2014
- Content Note150 colour illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width469 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.