All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.92Trending at AU $28.10
About this product
- DescriptionIt was called the trial of the century in a century whose end is w a decade in the past. But its impact has reverberated well into this one, as its subject continues to make headlines. In Simpson Agonistes, author Robert Metcalfe offers an original angle on the O. J. Simpson murder case and trial using Herodotus's lost perspective as a guide. Simpson Agonistes revisits the Brentwood murders and their aftermath from two opposite perspectives. One is a modern, fact-based reinterpretation of pieces of the key evidence-the uncut left-hand glove and the thumps on Kato Kaelin's guesthouse wall-that have never been satisfactorily explained. The other perspective discusses what Herodotus would have had to say about this case as Metcalfe begins a study in nemesis or retributive justice. He applies both methodologies to an analysis of what went wrong that fatal night to spoil an almost perfect crime, as well as changes to Simpson's story since. Simpson Agonistes presents a scenario that often reads like a tragedy or psychodrama, complete with a catharsis at its close.
- Author(s)Robert Metcalfe
- Date of Publication25/04/2012
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.