All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionCan the different pictures of Jesus in the New Testament be reconciled? Or are they simply simulations, the products of a virtual Gospel? Simulating Jesus argues that the gospels do t represent four versions of one Jesus story but rather four distinct narrative simulacra, each of which is named Jesus . The book explores the theory and evidence justifying this claim and discusses its practical and theological consequences. The simulations of Jesus in each of the gospels are analysed and placed alongside Jesus simulacra elsewhere in the Bible and contemporary popular culture. Simulating Jesus offers a radical understanding of Scripture that will be of interest to students and scholars of biblical studies.
- Author BiographyGeorge Aichele is Professor in the Department of Religion and Philosophy at Adrian College, Michigan (retired).
- Author(s)George Aichele
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/06/2011
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationSheffield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.