Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionIn Sin Rumbo , Cambaceres portraits scenes of the Argentine upper class at the turn of the XIX Century. Detailed and realistic, the author defines with literary uniqueness the atmosphere with the initial clash during the sheep-shearing scene. Then come the on horseback ride to the peasant woman's shack, the forced seduction down to complete surrender in body and soul, and the whim of a night spent together with the sensations that assault and repulse him. The flight to the mundane life in Bues Aires, the club, the theatres, complete the portrait of a lost man who ends up facing nature in his way back to the estancia, in pursuit of a family life destiny will end up denying him. Cambaceres shows his literary power t only through his intellectual vision and deep kwledge of the argentine spirit, but also through the language prowess of conveying the true upper class porte talk, that familiar Spanish jargon tainted with semi-French semi-gaucho argot that was so particular of his contemporaries and still subsists wadays, though veiled to the unkwing.
- Author(s)Eugenio Cambaceres
- Date of Publication14/02/2005
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationBuenos Aires
- Country of PublicationArgentina
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight188 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.