All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1941, at age twenty-five, Sinatra told a friend, 'I'm going to be the best singer in the world'. Two years on, the bobbysoxers were already weeping and screaming for him in their thousands. Half a century on Bo defined him as 'the Big Bang of popular music'. 'To hell with the calendar,' a music critic wrote before his death in 1998, 'The day Frank Sinatra dies, the twentieth century is over.' There have been many books about Sinatra, but the last comprehensive biography was Kitty Kelly's HIS WAY, published in 1986. it has taken rewned biographer Anthony Summers years to research this new biography, which promises to be the definitive story of a musical and film career spanning six decades. In this massively documented book, meticulous investigation is coupled with sensitivity to examine every aspect of Sinatra's life, public and private, from his obscure beginnings in an immigrant neighborhood in Jersey City to his twilight years as a living legend in Palm Springs. It tells the human story of an American icon who was irresistible to women and who was plagued throughout his life by scandal and hints of links with the Mafia. In this book, Summers finally uncovers the whole truth.
- Author BiographyAnthony Summers worked for many years as a senior producer on Granada's World in Action and on the BBC's Panorama, and produced many landmark TV documentaries. His bestselling books include THE FILE ON THE TSAR, CONSPIRACY (about the JFK assasination which won the CWA Gold Dagger), GODDESS (about Marilyn Monroe) HONEYTRAP and THE ARROGANCE OF POWER (on Nixon). Robbyn Swan is a writer for VANITY FAIR, LIFE MAGAZINE and others.
- Author(s)Anthony Summers,Robbyn Swan
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication03/04/2006
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCorgi Books
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight427 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.