All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever dreamed of taking the stage in life? What's holding you back from achieving your goals and pursuing your dreams? The answer for many of us is that we just don't feel inspired by or connected to the work we do. Job satisfaction levels are depressingly low. We are way too busy and constantly feel stressed out. We struggle to keep up with our responsibilities, and as a result, we hardly ever make time for what we truly enjoy. Maybe it's a time for a fresh approach to the daily grind. Maybe instead of working for the weekend, we can bring the benefits of our free time back to the workplace. Maybe taking our fun seriously can make our careers seriously fun. Are you ready to step in the spotlight to find out what you're missing? The message of SING! Business and Life Lessons from the Karaoke Stage will stretch your imagination, challenge your routine, and inspire you to change your approach to both work and play. Each section is full of short, easy-to-digest insights drawn from the author's life experiences, career-built business savvy, and 20 fun-filled years of stepping onstage at karaoke night. The book's introduction explores the way we settle for dissatisfaction in our working lives (or vocations) versus the way our hobbies and interests (or avocations) make us light up, change our routine, connect with others, and experience a wide array of other benefits. Karaoke is the focal point of this phemen as an activity that brings fellow enthusiasts together for the love of music, fun with friends, and a chance to let loose. The main sectionsthemed around the advice to Step up to the challenge, Inspire yourself and others, develop a Nexus, and Go forwarddraw clear connections between the value of doing fun activities well and succeeding in your career. The alliterative maxims within each section provide readers ideas and motivations to guide them and set the stage for a new perspective. Examples include detailed suggestions for how to Stare down fears, Invest time in what matters most, Narrow their focus to the essentials, and continue to Grow over a lifetime. Personal experience spotlight interviews with real-life karaoke enthusiasts are showcased throughout the book. Each individuals story further illustrates the unique way karaoke can help even vices overcome their fear of failure, conquer stage-fright, build their confidence, boost their creativity, deepen relationships within their community, and go for goals they never imagined before. Practical business tips and expert advice will help the reader apply these lessons both to the workplace and to everyday life. The book incorporates numerous quotes and references to the works of leading thinkers, best-selling authors, business executives, comedians, entrepreneurs, creative professionals, entertainers, artists and musicians. Each section contains a list of questions for the reader's personal reflection and discussion opportunities, as well as goal-setting strategies and a themed tracklist to prepare for the perfect karaoke night.
- Author BiographySteve Dragoo is a trusted advisor and trainer to some of America's foremost companies. As founder and president of Solutions Consulting, Inc., he helps clients tell their stories and develop winning strategies. Steve speaks and blogs about business by day and sings karaoke by night. His book SING! brings together anecdotes and practical ideas for a richer life and better work performance from his 30-plus-year career and 20 years on the Karaoke stage. Steve and his wife Nancy live in Nashville.
- Author(s)Steve Dragoo
- PublisherDunham Books
- Date of Publication24/11/2015
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDunham Books
- Weight284 g
- Width136 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.