All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany standard hymn books in use today seem old-fashioned, even those recently published. Keeping up to date is tricky as many new compositions enjoy a brief spell in vogue and then drop out of use altogether.Here, an experienced team of church musicians and liturgists, representing a wide variety of tastes, has selected the very best of recently written hymn, song and short chant compositions. Many are today's classics that have proved their staying power and are widely used in both traditional and informal styles of worship, though for the most part cant be found in hymn books.This selection will complement many existing hymnals including Common Praise, Hymns Ancient & Modern, The New English Hymnal, Hymns Old and New, Hymns and Psalms, Rejoice and Sing, Baptist Praise and Worship, and others.Churches will be able to broaden their repertoire substantially without the cost of replacing their standard hymn books.The 330 hymns and songs included represent today's most influential writers and styles: Bernadette Farrell, John Bell, Stuart Townend, Michael Forster, Graham Kendrick, Carl Daw, Taize, Marty Haugen, Timothy Dudley-Smith, Shirley Erena-Murray, Keith Getty, Martin Leckebusch and many more. A co-publication between Canterbury Press and the Royal School of Church Music.
- Author BiographyThe group was chaired by ANNE HARRISON, who helps to produce the quarterly planner Sunday by Sunday for the RSCM and is also one of the editors of Praxis News of Worship. was National Worship Development Officer, Church of England and now Canon Precentor of York Minster. Sub-Dean and Precentor at St Edmundsbury. Head of Publishing, Royal School of Church Music. Director of Music at Chelmsford. Composer, organist and choir director and an active member of the Hymn Society of Great Britain and Ireland.
- PublisherCanterbury Press Norwich
- Date of Publication30/09/2010
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanterbury Press Norwich
- Weight671 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byAnne Harrison,John Barnard,Michael Hampel,Peter Moger,Peter Nardone,Tim Ruffer
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.