Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.50
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.99
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.59
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.22
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.66
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.43
About this product
- DescriptionSing Them Home is a moving portrait of three siblings who have lived in the shadow of unresolved grief since their mother s disappearance when they were children. Everyone in Emlyn Springs kws the story of Hope Jones, the physician s wife whose big dreams for their tiny town were lost along with her in the tornado of 1978. For Hope s three young children, the stability of life with their preoccupied father, and with Viney, their mother s spitfire best friend, is match for Hope s absence. Larken, the eldest, is w an art history professor who seeks in food an answer to a less tangible hunger; Gaelan, the son, is a telegenic weatherman who devotes his life to predicting the unpredictable; and the youngest, Bonnie, is a self-proclaimed archivist who combs roadsides for clues to her mother s legacy, and permission to move on. When they re summoned home after their father s death, each sibling is forced to revisit the childhood tragedy that has defined their lives. With breathtaking lyricism, wisdom, and humor, Kallos explores the consequences of protecting those we love. Sing Them Home is a magnificent tapestry of lives connected and undone by tragedy, lives poisedunbekwnst to the charactersfor redemption.
- Author(s)Stephanie Kallos
- PublisherGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Date of Publication07/09/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Weight612 g
- Width140 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.