All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSingapore/Malaya, 1892: When a dead American is found floating in Rochor Canal, Chief Detective Inspector David Hawksworth begins an investigation that quickly leads into a labyrinth of deceit and violence in the polyglot steam-cooker of turn-of-the-century Singapore. As Chinese gangs verge on open turf war and powerful commercial enterprises vie for control of the ecomy, a stolen statue that houses an ancient Hindu goddess becomes the object of a pursuit with a mounting body count, and its seems that everyone is suffering from maniacal erotic nightmares. Will Hawksworth be able to restore order before the colony is tipped into a bloodbath? Explore the dark underbelly of nineteenth-century Singapore's Chinatown and colonial district in this hard-boiled historical thriller trilogy, comprising Singapore Black, Singapore Yellow and Singapore Red.
- Author BiographyAmerican author William L. Gibson lives and works in Asia and, following a number of years in Singapore, is currently based in Java, Indonesia.
- Author(s)William L. Gibson
- PublisherMonsoon Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleDetective Hawksworth Trilogy
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintMonsoon Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight252 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $14.24Trending at AU $14.43
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.23Trending at AU $23.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.