All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of whisky and Italy in an unusual one; it is a story scarcely kwn beyond Italy's own borders, yet one that deserves to be told. Single Malt Whiskey: An Italian Passion pays tribute to a culture whose passion for living luxuriously has lead it to adopt whisky as its drink of choice. Capturing the energy, civility, and sophistication of a new generation of whisky aficianados, this unique publication offers a particularly sumptuous Italian take on whisky past and present. Stunning original photography features an intimate look at the rarest and costliest whisky collections in the world and the intriguing individuals behind them. Published here for the first time in a single volume, these photos showcase the collectors' most prized bottles, extraordinary for their age, beauty, and value. Taking us back to the heady post-war days when the spirit of La Dolce Vita first made whisky a national sensation, rarely seen archival images reveal the glamour of Italy's star-studded night-life; whisky in hand, Sophia Loren, Jean-Paul Belmondo, Josephine Baker, and many more are the epitome of chic. Also highlighted are new essentials for enjoying and imbibing the distinctive distillate, from the choice of glassware and decanters to the matching of whiskies with appropriate foods. Finally, asked to profile their favourite places to drink whiskey, experts worldwide review a selection of the best whisky bars around the globe, from New York to London to Tokyo and beyond. Luxuriously produced in an oversize format and presented in a handsome linen slipcase, Single Malt Whiskey: An Italian Passion is a perfect gift for the whiskey enthusiast and lover of Italian culture alike.
- Author BiographyUmberto Angeloni is a whisky enthusiast and dedicated bon vivant. He is most recently the author of The Boutonniere: Style in One's Lapel. Single Malt Whisky: An Italian Passion also features an introduction by Charles MacLean, editor of Whisky Magazine.
- Author(s)Umberto Angeloni
- PublisherBrioni Roman Style
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrioni Roman Style
- Content Note120 colour and b/w illustrations
- Weight1406 g
- Width279 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.