All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe observation and manipulation of individual molecules is one of the most exciting developments in modern molecular science. Single Molecule Science: Physical Principles and Models provides an introduction to the mathematical tools and physical theories needed to understand, explain, and model single-molecule observations. This book explains the physical principles underlying the major classes of single-molecule experiments such as fluorescence measurements, force-probe spectroscopy, and napore experiments. It provides the framework needed to understand single-molecule phemena by introducing all the relevant mathematical and physical concepts, and then discussing various approaches to the problem of interpreting single-molecule data. The essential concepts used throughout this book are explained in the appendices and the text does t assume any background beyond undergraduate chemistry, physics, and calculus. Every effort has been made to keep the presentation self-contained and derive results starting from a limited set of fundamentals, such as several simple models of molecular dynamics and the laws of probability. The result is a book that develops essential concepts in a simple yet rigorous way and in a manner that is accessible to a broad audience.
- Author BiographyDmitrii E. Makarov is a professor of chemistry at the University of Texas at Austin. He earned a PhD in theoretical physics from the Institute of Chemical Physics in Moscow. His expertise is in theoretical and computational chemical physics and in biophysics.
- Author(s)Dmitrii E. Makarov
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication12/06/2015
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note53 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.