Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionTHE SINGLE WOMAN HAMSTER-Volume three Finally a place to express who you are! Yep, we women think a lot, don't we? You are the accumulation of hopes, ideals, memories and experiences. Who is this single lady? Do you prefer single life or are you looking for the right one? Would you kw the right one if he were standing right in front of you? Has someone sparked your interest or are you taking a break and simply enjoying life? It's t easy being a woman. You work, pay bills, take care of the kids, house, have friends, family...life is a balancing act and we at times forget to just appreciate all we are. When was the last time you took some time for you? Are you living exactly as you want? This is a fun way to just sit and define your world. Maybe it's something to do on a plane ride, while sitting home or in between social events. Maybe from a best friend wanting to kw more, a friend from years back trying to catch up or a new acquaintance who has his eye on you or even a relative wanting to learn what being single is like for you. You're here w and holding this book. There are right or wrong answers, words of wisdom or advice. You are doing just fine all on your own and you should be proud! This book is all about YOU! What you think, want, experienced and enjoy. Why a hamster? It is that continual engine that spins the wheel in our brain. We make a hundred decisions a day from; what to do, what's for dinner, what's on my schedule...and that hamster keeps running on the wheel. In this bustling world, we're kept busy and on the go. That is until a tough moment strikes, then we stop and reflect. With the loss of my dad, I realized there were so many things I never asked him. We all put off until tomorrow, then when it comes, we ask, why did I wait? That didn't make sense. Look at the people in your world and ask: What was their favorite memory? Who impacted their life the most? What do they believe is their greatest achievement? What did they want to be when they were ten years old? We are all an accumulation of every moment from birth until w. It forms every aspect of who we are; just as we shape others. With techlogy we tend to keep in touch on a keyboard, but can you really share all you are? Pretty hard to text a life-defining moment, isn't it? Would you email a heartfelt experience? There are so many people reaching over the internet, but 'delete' has become the new 'easy button, ' teaching rejection is a click away. Even cell phones have an igre button, so are we really bridging distances or being trained to stop opening up? Maybe if we slow down, we just might t miss out on the most important thing in life: People! Each of the seven workbooks, are designed to make the reader the 'Star' by asking questions about their lives. They are self-check and a tool to get to kw others. Do them as a group to learn, compare and laugh together. Just think...you could record who you are for your great, great-grandchildren! Just imagine them reading about where they came from. The only thing you need is a pencil and time to Sit 'N' Do Nothing.
- Author BiographyBlessed with three siblings and parents who supported my hopes, I was raised in a small Canadian town, in an average middle-class family. I've married, divorced, dated, loved, lost, struggled, worked, succeeded and failed. I really am an everyday type of person. Single at age forty-something, I'm still figuring life out daily. I would define myself as being analytical, a realist and a dreamer, so you can only imagine the confusion that goes on sometimes. The dreamer starts to write fiction thinking of the happily ever after, but the realist comes out while editing. My analytical side comes from being a go-to person over the years. I've learned to see things from many angles, knowing that circumstances affect us all individually. To be honest, I'd never written more than a grocery list until 2009. It came out of nowhere as I sat at my computer one night following an idea. The 'Sit N Do Nothing Hamster Series' is my attempt to bring us all a little closer in this technological world. Using humor, comparison, and pull-quotes, the workbooks of self-discovery are a way to share tidbits of who we are in the here and now. Each of the seven volumes, designed for a specific audience, asks the reader about their lives. We are an accumulation of every moment in life and I believe it's important to share that. I have many more ideas to expand the series...this hamster never quits! Finding my inner voice, I decided to try my hand at a fiction. 'And When' was written from September 2010-January 2011. Posting a partial on a website for writers, it rapidly rose up the ranks. I received many reviews, the story resonating with many often bringing them to tears, laughter or needing a cold towel. Taking months to edit the final draft, I began to miss that creative energy and 'Now What' the sequel, was started in 2012 and published in 2013. The story continues to place hurdles, forcing the characters to veer from their chosen paths. My life would be nothing without the people who have touched my soul. Friends, family, co-workers, relatives...have all been there through the good and bad. Everything takes hard work and nothing ever comes easy...well at least not in my life. I firmly believe that karma plays an important role. It brings us the people we are meant to meet, challenges we have to overcome, lessons we need to learn and dreams we are meant to reach for.
- Author(s)Wendiann,Wendy Proteau
- PublisherWendy a Proteau
- Date of Publication07/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSelf Improvement: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWendy a Proteau
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Wendy Proteau
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.