Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.51
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.71
About this product
- DescriptionCan the Lords of Death be fooled? Zotz was a bat, but t just any bat, said Megan. He was a vampire bat like those we saw in the cave above. In Mayan legend, he played a part in the story of two brothers who upset the Lords of Death and were forced to travel to the Underworld-called Xibalba. There they had to pass several death-defying tests. They hid in the house of Zotz, but when one of them peered out, Zotz swooped down and tore off his head. Lovely, said Kat. Most of the Mayan legends are similarly gruesome. But in the story, the other brother managed to reattach the head. In the end, they fooled the Lords of Death . . . Kat Delaney is a world class caver and microbiologist. While investigating one of the deepest caves on Earth, she becomes trapped, along with her team of fellow cavers and scientists. Far below the ruins of a Mayan city, they struggle to escape this mysterious cave, reportedly cursed and haunted by the Lords of Death. Kat's husband, Mark, a doctor and pioneer of natechlogy with a deep-rooted fear of caves, must try to rescue her. He enlists the help of a Mayan guide, who turns out to have revolutionary ambitions. Kat must keep her unravelling team together when they discover that something as threatening as the Lords of Death lurks within the cave. Mark must choose between trusting a guide who is patently untrustworthy, or leaving Kat to die. Will they escape? Will science be the solution? Or will it simply affirm their sentence as the Lords of Death win once again?
- Author BiographyDeborah Jackson received a science degree from the University of Ottawa in 1986, graduated from The Writing School in Ottawa in 2001, and is the author of several science fiction and historical fiction novels. She gives school presentations throughout North America as well as developing and teaching writing courses at the Shenkman Arts Centre. Deborah is a member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators. Her novels include: Ice Tomb, an adult science fiction thriller and the Time Meddlers series for children, ages 9 - 14: Time Meddlers, Time Meddlers Undercover and Time Meddlers on the Nile. Articles about Deborah and reviews of her books have appeared in the Ottawa Citizen, MORE Magazine, RT BOOKclub Magazine, Canadian Teacher Magazine, SF Site, Neo-opsis Science Fiction Magazine and many more.
- Author(s)Deborah Jackson
- Date of Publication06/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jessica Jackson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.