All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe SIPRI Yearbook is appreciated worldwide as an authoritative and independent source of data and analysis for politicians, diplomats, journalists, scholars, students and citizens on armaments, disarmament and international security. It provides an overview of developments in international security, weapons and techlogy, military expenditure, the arms trade and arms production, and armed conflicts, along with efforts to control conventional, nuclear, chemical and biological weapons. This 47th edition of the SIPRI Yearbook covers developments during 2015, including: -Armed conflicts and conflict management, with a focus on the Middle East and the peace agreement in Mali, as well as studies on external support in civil wars (with case studies on South Sudan, Syria and Ukraine), trends in armed conflict data, and global and regional trends in peace operations -Security and development, featuring developments related to the women, peace and security agenda, the United Nations sustainable development goals (SDGs), ecomic prospects in Afghanistan, as well as studies on cybersecurity, climate and security, and fragility and resilience in Europe in the wake of the Paris terrorist attacks and the refugee crisis -Military expenditure, arms production and international arms transfers -World nuclear forces, with an overview of each of the nine nuclear-armed states -Nuclear arms control, featuring Irans nuclear deal and multilateral arms control and disarmament -International sanctions, arms embargoes and other restrictive measures as applied to Iran -Reducing security threats from chemical and biological materials, including the investigation of allegations of chemical weapon use in the Middle East -Dual-use and arms trade controls, including developments in the Arms Trade Treaty, multilateral arms embargoes and export control regimes As well as a 10-year overview of patterns of state-based armed violence, a summary of the Global Peace Index, a glossary, and annexes on events in 2015 and updates to arms control and disarmament agreements, and international security cooperation bodies.
- Author BiographySIPRI is an independent international institute dedicated to research into conflict, armaments, arms control and disarmament. Established in 1966, SIPRI provides data, analysis and recommendations, based on opens sources, to policymakers, researchers, media and the interested public.
- Author(s)Stockholm International Peace Research Institute
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication08/09/2016
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleSIPRI Yearbook Series
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight1500 g
- Width164 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine53 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.37Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.