All listings for this product
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $12.80Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $9.84Trending at AU $12.97
- AU $24.95Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.87Trending at AU $14.05
- AU $18.74Trending at AU $20.00
- AU $7.27Trending at AU $11.58
- AU $21.28Trending at AU $23.55
About this product
- DescriptionWhen his swman comes to life, a little boy invites him home and in return is taken on a flight high above the countryside.
- Author BiographyRaymond Briggs was born in London in 1934.At the age of 15, hewent to Wimbeldon Art School to learn how to draw, as he wanted to become a cartoonist.But there he was told that cartooning was not a profession for gentlemen and that he ought to be a painter.Raymond then went on to the Slade School in London to study painting as a full-time student.During his spare time, he began work on a portfolio of illustrations of all kinds, including jackets and a wide selection of drawings to take to publishers.After illustrating for advertising, newspapers and books, Raymond discovered that book illustration inspired him the most, since it offered far greater variety and freedom than anything else.Raymond has always found it unfavorable to sustain a consistent illustration style for a long period of time.He is always seeking to try something else new and different with his work.Some of Raymond's best known works are <b><i> The Snowman </i></b>, <b><i> The Man </i></b>, and <b><i> The Bear </i></b>.The setting for <b><i> The Snowman </i></b>is based on Raymond's own house and garden, which is in Sussex, England at the foot of South Downs, a few miles from Brighton.
- Author(s)Raymond Briggs
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication03/10/2003
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight73 g
- Width149 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine3 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.