All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.02
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.71
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.52
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Steward Edmund Rounds and Sir Cumference tice that there are strangers camped nearby, Rounds II decides to investigate despite being involved with the task of learning how to make accurate counts of the castle's stores of food, supplies, and weaponry. When he reports back that an enemy is lying in wait, everyone moves quickly to defend the castle. But wait! Will Rounds II be able to figure out how many bows and arrows they have to create an appropriate battle plan? Using rounding techniques to figure out the totals more quickly, Rounds II is just in time to help stave off a potentially disastrous attack. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyYou are the boss of your stories. You can make anything happen. Cindy Neuschwander is a native Californian born in San Diego, but she has lived in many places, including Germany, England, Austria, and Hawaii. She received a BA in international studies from Willamette University and an MA in education from Stanford University. She has been teaching since 1975, both at the high school and elementary levels. As a mathematics education specialist, Cindy sought ways to make math fun, interesting, and comprehensible to her students. In 1992, while living in England, Cindy began working on her first book with this goal in mind. Sir Cumference and the First Round Table took five years to reach publication, but it remains a very popular book for its presentation of math concepts as well as for its amusing and exciting story. It has been followed by further adventures of Sir Cumference and his family, including Sir Cumference and the Dragon of Pi, Sir Cumference and the Great Knight of Angleland, Sir Cumference and the Sword in the Cone, and Sir Cumference and the Isle of Immeter. Cindy speaks at conferences often about writing, mathematics, and being an author. In her spare time, when she isn't writing or dreaming up new math adventures, Cindy enjoys activities with her family. The entire Neuschwander clan has spent time on five of the earth's seven continents. Only Australia and Antarctica remain to be visited. Cindy lives in California with her husband and two sons.Wayne Geehan, a graduate of the Art Institute of Boston, has been illustrating books, board games, and jigsaw puzzles for over 20 years. When he isn't painting in his Massachusetts studio, he enjoys being with his family, reading, and researching his family's genealogy. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Cindy Neuschwander
- PublisherTurtleback Books
- Date of Publication04/08/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleSir Cumference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtleback Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width208 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.