All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the rth-west midlands, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight dates from the second half of the 14th century. Gawain, a knight in Arthur's court, takes up the challenge of the Green Knight, and cuts off his head. The Knight informs Gawain he will have his revenge. Journeying to the Knight's abode to receive his lot Gawain takes thehospitality of a Lord, and endures the advances of his wife. The Lord is the Green Knight and, when the time comes, merely nicks Gawain's neck for his infidelity and dishour. Is Gawain a failure, or a hero?
- Author BiographyDr J. J. Anderson is Honorary Research Fellow, formerly Senior Lecturer in English language, in the University of Manchester. His interests and publications are chiefly in the fields of medieval literature and early English drama.
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication03/06/1996
- LanguageEnglish & English, Middle (1100-1500)
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhoenix (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Content Notenotes, further reading
- Weight250 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Volume editorA.C. Cawley,J. J. Anderson
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.