Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.39
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.88
- AU $60.00Trending at AU $71.41
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.83
- AU $26.72Trending at AU $31.83
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.27
About this product
- DescriptionIn the summer of 1820 Captain John Franklin set off with his men on an expedition to the North Pole on a ship. Since the North Pole is made mostly ice this was a strange thing to do. But John was convinced he could find a way through to the little kwn lands on the other side. His first attempt failed and he found himself face to face with death, lying shipwrecked and starving. He was forced to eat his own boots to survive! But John never gave up the dream of venturing where one had managed to venture before and find a passage by ship through the Arctic
- Author BiographyMartyn Beardsley is the author of six Sir Gadabout books for Orion's Dolphin series, which were made into a series for Children's ITV a couple of years ago. He also recently had a ghost story called The Bell Tower published by Harcourt Educational. He lives in Beeston, near Nottingham, and is married with one daughter.
- Author(s)Martyn Beardsley
- PublisherShort Books Ltd
- Date of Publication19/05/2005
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleWho Was...? S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShort Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight105 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.