All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $69.86
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
- AU $12.91Trending at AU $16.90
About this product
- DescriptionThe Sister Carrie edition that was published in 1900, long regarded as a watershed work in American fiction, was actually a censored misrepresentation of Drieser's original story. When, 80 years later, the Pennsylvania Edition first appeared, replete with scholarly apparatus, it was hailed from coast to coast as a literary event of major importance. The Pennsylvania Edition restored the 36,000 words that had been excised at the insistence of the author's wife, his publisher, and a friend. This edition contains the complete, unexpurgated text, without the scholarly apparatus, plus a new introductory essay by Thomas P. Riggio.
- Author BiographyThomas P. Riggio is Professor Emeritus of English at the University of Connecticut, Storrs. James L. W. West III is Edwin Erle Sparks Professor of English at Pennsylvania State University. He is the author of many books, including American Authors and the Literary Marketplace since 1900, an expansion of his 1983 Rosenbach Lectures at the University of Pennsylvania, available from the University of Pennsylvania Press.
- Author(s)Theodore Dreiser
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication01/03/1998
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight793 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byJames L. W. West
- Introduction byThomas P. Riggio
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementThe Pennsylvania ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.