All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.50
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $100.00Trending at AU $113.99
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.59
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.22
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.66
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.43
About this product
- DescriptionShae-Lynn Penrose drives a cab in a town where one needs a cab--but plenty of people need rides. A former police officer with a closet full of miniskirts, a recklessly sharp tongue, and a tendency to deal with men by either beating them up or taking them to bed, she has spent years carving out a life for herself and her son in Jolly Mount, Pennsylvania, the tiny coal-mining town where she grew up. Two years ago, five of Shae-Lynn's miner friends were catapulted to media stardom when they were rescued after surviving four days trapped in a mine. As the men struggle to come to terms with the nightmarish memories of their ordeal, along with the fallout of their short- lived celebrity, Shae-Lynn finds herself facing harsh realities and reliving bad dreams of her own, including her relationship with her brutal father, her conflicted passion for one of the miners, and the hidden identity of the man who fathered her son. When the younger sister she thought was dead arrives on her doorstep, followed closely by a gun-wielding Russian gangster, a shady New York lawyer, and a desperate Connecticut housewife, Shae-Lynn is forced to grapple with the horrible truth she discovers about the life her sister's been living, and with one omius question: Will her return result in a monstrous act of greed or one of sacrifice? Tawni O'Dell's trademark blend of black humor, tenderness, and a keen sense of place is evident once again as Shae-Lynn takes on past demons and all-too-present dangers. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyTawni O'Dell is the New York Times bestselling author of Coal Run and Back Roads, which was also an Oprah's Book Club selection. She lives in Pennsylvania with her two children and her husband, literary translator Bernard Cohen. For more information about the author, visit www.tawniodell.com. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Tawni O'Dell
- PublisherThree Rivers Press (CA)
- Date of Publication06/05/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThree Rivers Press (CA)
- Weight318 g
- Width120 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.