All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionKatherine of Aragon, Henry VIII's first bride, has become an icon: the betrayed wife, the revered Queen, the devoted mother, a woman callously cast aside by a selfish husband besotted by his strumpet of a mistress. Her sister, Juana of Castile, wife of Philip of Burgundy and mother of the Holy Roman Emperor Charles V, the most powerful man in Renaissance Europe, is still more of a legend. She is 'Juana the Mad', the wife so passionately in love with her husband that she could t bear to be parted from him even by death, keeping his coffin by her side for year upon year. They were Sister Queens - the accomplished daughters of Ferdinand and Isabella, the founders of a unified Spain. A gripping tale of love, sacrifice, the demands of duty and the conflict between ambition and loyalty - at a time when even royal women had to fight for their positions in society - Julia Fox's vibrant new biography teems with life. Linked t only by blood but by cruel experience, their dual stories enrich our understanding of them both, casting a searchlight onto the turbulent age in which they lived.
- Author BiographyJulia Fox is a historical researcher and teacher. She is married to the distinguished Tudor historian and broadcaster John Guy. This is her first book. Visit Julia Fox's website at www.juliafox.co.uk.
- Author(s)Julia Fox
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication26/04/2012
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhoenix (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Weight338 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.