All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.00
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $116.22
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
About this product
- DescriptionSister Wendy, who has been dedicated to a life of prayer for more than half a century, has always resisted writing a book on the subject. Her reasons mix humility with a conviction that prayer is simple: books about prayer can be a dangerous distraction. Yet, when she does speak about prayer, often in response to the questions of ordinary people, she does so with an eloquence that speaks directly to her hearers in ways that make practical sense. Now, in her older age, Sister Wendy is willing to set down some of what she has learnt over a lifetime in a series of meditations. The format of the book is deliberately n-linear: where prayer is concerned, Sister Wendy says, it is simply a matter of trying to turn to God as honestly as the person you are in the circumstances you find yourself in. Her co-author, David Willcock, who has worked with Sister Wendy for many years producing her television programmes, adds to her text a biographical sketch about being a nun and at the same time one of the art world's most acute and revered commentators and a TV personality. Illustrating this unique book are a dozen pieces of artwork: book by Sister Wendy would be complete without this dimension.
- Author BiographySister Wendy became a nun at the age of 16, went on to live for nearly 20 years as a hermit, and then was exposed to the world in a successful television career as the 'art nun'. She is the author of over 20 books with art as the main theme. She continues to live a largely cloistered life, devoted to prayer.
- Author(s)Sister Wendy Beckett
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication13/09/2007
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Note12 colour illustrations
- Width175 mm
- Height215 mm
- Introduction byDavid Ian Willcock
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.