All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.50Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionProvides the first English translation of the Tibetan and Chinese texts on monastic discipline for Buddhist nuns and presents a comparative study of the two texts. An important contribution for studies of women's history, feminist philosophy, women's studies, women in religion, and feminist ethics.
- Author BiographyKarma Lekshe Tsomo is Instructor of Buddhist Studies at Antioch University and a Degree Fellow at the East-West Center in Honolulu. Her previous publications include Buddhism Through American Women's Eyes; Sakyadhita: Daughters of the Buddha; and Jorcho: Preparatory Practices.
- Author(s)Karma Lekshe Tsomo
- PublisherState University of New York Press
- Date of Publication04/10/1996
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleSUNY Series, Feminist Philosophy
- Place of PublicationAlbany, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintState University of New York Press
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight335 g
- Width149 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.