All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionSIT N FIT CHAIR YOGA - Simple Chair Yoga - was created to give those who could t do standing exercise the full experience of a yoga class while sitting in a chair. Benefits include: increased oxygenation, circulation, flexibility, balance and strength, improved posture, and elicitation of the relaxation response. The movements are progressive, comprehensive, and sequenced for greatest ease and benefit. Florida Atlantic University conducted three research studies on Kristine's Sit N Fit Chair Yoga. The pilot study showed pain reduction, improved mobility, and improvement in sense of security and well-being. The second study with a larger group showed significant improvement in depression and life satisfaction. Data analyzed on adults with moderate to severe Alzheimer's Disease showed significant improvement in balance, gait speed, walking ability as well as increased focus and concentration. FAU also received funding from the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine of the National Institutes of Health for a study on Sit N Fit Chair Yoga. This NIH study data showed significant reduction of pain and fatigue and significant improvement in gait speed.
- Author BiographyKristine Lee has been teaching yoga for two decades. She is certified in Hatha, Restorative, and Pre-Natal Yoga. Her experience includes yoga in corporations, medical facilities, educational institutions and communities. She is an entrepreneur in developing unique yoga posture sequences for various health challenges and her style appeals to students of all ages and fitness levels. She is the Author and Program Developer of Sit N Fit Chair Yoga, and the creator of Sit N Fit Relaxation and Basic Gentle Yoga audio CDs. Florida Atlantic University received funding from the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine of the National Institutes of Health for a study on Sit N Fit Chair Yoga. Kristine's yoga programs are designed to increase energy, strength, flexibility, and lung capacity, improve balance, concentration, and body awareness, lower blood pressure, and reduce stress.
- Author(s)MS Kristine Lee
- PublisherSit N Fit Chair Yoga Inc
- Date of Publication22/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSit N Fit Chair Yoga Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.