All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Cambridge Handbooks on Construction Robotics discuss progress in robot systems theory and demonstrate their integration using real systematic applications and projections for off-site as well as on-site building production. Site Automation extends the new techlogy of robotics in building-component manufacturing and construction introduced in earlier volumes to on-site structured environments and on-site automated factories. This volume explores 30 different worldwide systems within a careful analytical framework in which the best conceptual features are extracted in order to help professionals and researchers develop new applications. The analytical approach splits the systems studies into a technical portion and a portion that focuses on parameters related to productivity, efficiency, and ecomic performance. A benefit of automated on-site factories is the integration of several stand-alone, single-task construction robots into structured on-site environments with networked machine systems to show improvements in on-site organization, integration, and material flow.
- Author BiographyThomas Bock is a professor of building realization and robotics at Technische Universitat Munchen (TUM). His research has focussed for thirty-five years on automation and robotics in building construction, from the planning, prefabrication, on-site production and utilization phases to the reorganization and deconstruction of a building. He is a member of several boards of directors of international associations, and is a member of several international academies in Europe, the Americas and Asia. He consulted several international ministries and evaluates research projects for various international funding institutions. He holds honorary doctor and professorship degrees. Professor Bock serves on several editorial boards, heads various working commissions and groups of international research organizations, and has authored or coauthored more than four hundred articles. Thomas Linner is a postdoctoral researcher in building realization and robotics and a research associate at Technische Universitat Munchen (TUM). He completed his dissertation (Dr.-Ing.) in 2013 in the field of automation and mass customization in construction with a particular focus on automated/robotic on-site factories. Dr Linner is a specialist in the area of automated, robotic production of building 'products' as well as in the conception and performance enhancement of those products through the embedding of advanced technology (service robots, microsystems technology). Today, more and more, issues related to innovation management are becoming key topics in his research. Dr Linner is a frequently invited speaker at universities such as the University of Tokyo and the University of Cambridge.
- Author(s)Christos Georgoulas,Thomas Bock,Thomas Linner
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication16/04/2016
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note463 b/w illus. 9 tables
- Weight890 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.