All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a practical strategy for obtaining a more complete and accurate geologic site characterization. The strategy and methods to characterize complex geologic settings are readily available. The strategy utilizes readily available techlogy, basic science and good, old-fashioned common sense resulting in a solid understanding of geologic and even karst or pseudokarst conditions. We provide an introduction to many off-the-shelf methods available for site characterization as well as examples of their application throughout the book. The purpose of a geologic site characterization is to understand the 3-dimensional geologic framework, along with the engineering and hydrologic properties of a site including any man-made impacts. A well-done site characterization is the cornerstone of all geotechnical, groundwater and environmental projects. The geologic conditions, particularly karst conditions, can significantly impact a site including its structural stability, groundwater pathways and potential for rapid transport or traps for contaminants. Once we have adequately characterized the geologic conditions can we carry our remediation, design and construction, model flow, and make risk assessments that are accurate and reliable.
- Author BiographyThis book is, for the most part, based upon the authors combined experience of more than 80 years as consulting geologists. The authors are a father and daughter team, who have worked together since 1978 providing consulting services through their company Technos, Inc. Their hands-on experience in site characterization, with both karst and pseudokarst, is represented by the many technical examples included in the book.
- Author(s)Lynn B Yuhr,Richard C Benson
- Date of Publication26/09/2015
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1504 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.