All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.49Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionSites Unseen is ordinary travel book. Laura Walker takes the reader on an extraordinary journey to four great American cities - Boston, New York, Chicago, and San Francisco. See well-kwn landmarks like you've never seen them before as she shares her unique perspective as a blind woman travelling across the country. Meet her intrepid companions who guide Laura along her way, and soon discover there are perks of blindness. Each chapter concludes with a few Sites Unseen Tips , designed to humorously educate the reader about how to travel as a blind person, as well as with one. However, as the author herself said, This isn't just a HOW-TO book; it's much more of an I-DID one. Sites Unseen is more than a travel log of hilarious adventures from a woman of limited sight. Laura takes special care to reveal new ways to see the world around us, and encourages the reader to experience life and all its offerings. Using her other senses, including humor and imagination, Laura engages with others and her surroundings head on -sometimes literally.
- Author(s)Laura E. Walker
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight278 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.