Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThe mental representation of what one reads is called a situation model or a mental model. The process of reading causes an interaction of the new kwledge with what is already kwn. Though a number of theories and models have been proposed to describe this interaction, Tapiero proposes a new model that assumes a variety of storage areas to previous kwledge, and that the reader picks and chooses which of these models is most relevant to what is being read. These are called levels of coherence. It's a dynamic process as well, as the reader chooses and abandons the storage units of previous kwledge as he or she reads on. Situation Models and Levels of Coherence is of professional and scholarly interest to cognitive scientists who specialize in reading, kwledge representation, mental models, discourse analysis, and metaphor/symbol.
- Author(s)Isabelle Tapiero
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/07/2007
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note21 black & white tables
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.