Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will help final year medical students improve their chances of getting their ideal medical job by practising the new style 'Situational Judgement Tests' (SJTs) required for recruitment. It begins with an explanation of the type of questions that are asked and introduces students to exam techniques required in order to succeed in the test. Following on from this, ather chapter is dedicated to the core concepts and guidelines expected of junior doctors, before finishing with several mock examinations with answers for the readers to test themselves. SJTs are currently used elsewhere in medicine for the selection of fully qualified doctors into GP training, however this type of examination and questioning is t one which any medical student will be familiar with or have come across in their training to date. The book gives a comprehensive explanation of answers including key references and topics relating to professionalism, medical ethics, GMC guidelines and foundation programme personal specifications. The contributing authors include current foundation year doctors who can offer authentic realism from their ward experience. The book will serve t only as a revision guide but also as an instructional tool to help potential junior doctors reason through professional dilemmas they may encounter in the 'SJT' selection tests as well as in real life on the wards.
- Author(s)Aneesha R. Verma,Susan Shelmerdine
- PublisherAnshan Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2012
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnshan Ltd
- Width210 mm
- Height298 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.