All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an original first approach to quantum physics, the core of modern physics. It combines the competence of a well-kwn researcher in quantum information science and the freshness in style of two high school students.Quantum physics is kwn to be challenging for two reasons: it describes counter-intuitive phemena and employs rather advanced mathematics. The description of traditional quantum phemena (the structure of atoms and molecules, the properties of solids, the zoology of sub-atomic particles) does indeed involve the whole formalism. However, some other striking phemena, somehow the most typically quantum ones, can be described using only high school mathematical skills. This approach exploits this fact, thus making it possible for a beginner to tackle mind-boggling experiments like teleportation and the violation of Bell's inequalities, and practice tions like superposition, entanglement and decoherence.
- Author(s)Lynn Chua,Shi Yang Liu,Valerio Scarani
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication17/09/2010
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight295 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine10 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.