All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.54
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.47
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $25.74
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.00
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $12.65
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $19.66Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionThough written for personal reasons, Sixth Grade Stories from Young Hoon will hold the interest of many readers who either have yet to experience or who w already remember the joy and anxiety of being in the last year of elementary school, looking forward to and dreading middle school at the same time. Sixth Grade Stories from Young Hoon is one of the first books published in English from the point of view of a sixth grade Korean author-narrator. From the Author's Notes: I didn't write this book because I consider myself a particularly talented writer. This book is simply a collection of stories that I wrote throughout the sixth grade because I wanted to keep some memories of my last year of elementary school if I were to look back at it several years later. The years that I spent in kindergarten and first grade can't be recalled that well when I try. I only remember them in pieces, like scenes in a movies with sound -- vaguely, sometimes without the details, and some parts better or less well than others. I didn't want the same to happen to my last year of elementary school. I also wanted to be able to read about our experiences -- as sixth graders in Korea -- as we experience it or would like to experience it . . .
- Author BiographySoo Young Yun is a sixth grader at Young Hoon Elementary School in Seoul, Korea. She loves to read, draw, write, and hang out with her friends. A two-time grand prize winner of The Korea Times International English Essay Contest, a two-time silver prize winner of the Yonsei University and JoongAng Ilbo International English Writing Competition, and a silver prize winner of the International English Essay Contest, all held in Korea and for the fifth and sixth grade elementary school level, Soo Young hopes to further her interest in writing by eventually producing more books. Soo Young decided to write her first book because she wanted to create stories with humor and fondness based on the experiences of children in Korea, while also revealing her critical perception of the world, which she believed might be shared by her friends as well.
- Author(s)Soo Young Yun
- Date of Publication23/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.