All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.25
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.40
- AU $21.58Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $14.27
- AU $23.64Trending at AU $26.61
- AU $12.34Trending at AU $12.96
About this product
- DescriptionNEWMAN REALLY KNOWS THE TERRITORY. -William Caunitz, author of ONE POLICE PLAZA For Detective Joe Dante, a grisly killing is the first shocker in the last case any cop wants... MILLIONAIRE ART COLLECTOR OSCAR WEMBLEY is hacked to death with a kitchen knife, his priceless paintings slashed to bits, his blood used to paint vicious epithets on the walls of his Greenwich Village townhouse... FAT-CAT NEUROSURGEON GEORGE SCULLY is slapped with a killer malpractice suit that could ruin his practice, destroy his marriage to a WASP princess, and expose his cozy setup with shapely blond cokehead Fiona Hassey... BRILLIANT DETECTIVE JOE DANTE, formerly of Midtown South, w assigned to the Sixth Precinct, is tracking down the maniac who probably killed Wembley when an even more bizarre and baffling murder forces him to question everything and everyone he kws...
- Author BiographyBorn in San Francisco, California, Christopher Newman wrote the first draft of his third published novel, Manana Man, while in residence in Cali, Colombia his senior year in college. At 27, he moved to New York City, working as a trim carpenter for five years in Manhattan before publishing his first Joe Dante novel, Mid-Town South, in 1985. When that title met with considerable commercial success, his publisher convinced him to turn his protagonist into a series character. Eight more Joe Dante novels followed, all making various national best seller lists. Mid-Town North, published in 1991, was nominated for an Edgar Allan Poe Award by the Mystery Writers of America. Chains of Command, left unfinished at the time of best-selling author William Caunitz' death in 1998, was completed by Mr. Newman at the estate's request. It was named a 1999 New York Times Notable Book of the Year.
- Author(s)Christopher Newman
- PublisherSpeaking Volumes LLC
- Date of Publication11/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpeaking Volumes LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.