All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the cultural, social, spatial, and political dynamics of skateboarding, drawing on contributions from leading international experts across a range of disciplines, such as sociology and philosophy of sport, architecture, anthropology, ecology, cultural studies, sociology, geography, and other fields. Part I critiques the ethos of skateboarding, its cultures and scenes, global trajectory, and the meanings it holds. Part II critically examines skateboarding in terms of space and sites, and Part III explores shifts that have occurred in skateboarding's history around mainstreaming, commercialization, professionalization, neoliberalization and creative cities.
- Author BiographyKara-Jane Lombard is Senior Lecturer in the School of Media, Culture and Creative Arts at Curtin University, Western Australia.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/10/2015
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Sport, Culture and Society
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note15 black & white illustrations, 15 black & white halftones
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byKara-Jane Lombard
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.