Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.89Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.76Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.55Trending at AU $45.36
About this product
- DescriptionI love these stories, exclaimed 8-year-old Emma with a big grin, as her grandpa read Skating To The End Of The World to her. Unexpectedly, she pulled the book out of his hand. Now I want to read it to you. Then she stopped, suddenly philosophical. But I don't think those adventures could have really have happened. He must have made them up. Well, Emma, they really did happen, but it was definitely in a different and simpler age, during the childhood of author Timothy Bentley. He describes the freedom of country life. His wonderful, often funny, adventures include climbing steep riverside cliffs, finding himself in a donkey stampede, taking his first flight in a pontoon airplane, raising a dancing raccoon, and preparing a special Christmas gift for grandparents across the ocean. The chapter Skating To The End Of The World tells a tale of ultimate childhood freedom, backed up by loving parental support. Timothy Bentley relates his adventures with gentle humor, and illustrates them with actual photographs from the time.
- Author BiographyTimothy Bentley (1943- ) wrote his first published piece at age 13 for the local Woodbridge News ( Tow Truck Pulls Oil Tanker From Ditch ). By university days, he was writing for the campus paper, the Toronto Telegram, and air force public relations. As a producer/director for the television shows Man Alive and Take 30, he wrote many scripts. He also wrote columns for the Toronto Star and the Canadian HR Reporter. His books include Lessons In Love: Building Happy Relationships (revision of The 90-Second Therapist ) and Leadership Coaching For The Workplace (with Esther Kohn-Bentley). Despite living downtown most of his life, at heart Timothy is a country boy. His memoir of happy childhood days, Skating To The End Of The World, has been an inspiration and education to young people whose life experience is limited to city life, and older people who are reminded of good old days. After a dozen years in television, Tim trained as a psychotherapist, with an emphasis on working with couples. While in private practice, with Esther, he wrote The 90-Second Therapist and Cheatin' Hearts. Some of their clients recognized that their understanding of relationship systems could have a positive impact on their workplaces. Gradually, Esther and Tim developed a workplace coaching practice, where they assisted leaders to improve their skills in management, and developed the Deep Learning method. As senior coaches training less experienced coaches, they collaborated on Leadership Coaching For The Workplace, written as a complete guide to the person of the coach and the practice of coaching. Today, Esther is CEO and Tim is COO of Panoramic Feedback (www.panoramicfeedback.com), the first 360-degree feedback tool on the Internet, which they created in 1998 to support their coaching work. In the meantime, it has become respected worldwide, in part because it supports feedback in European, Cyrillic, and Asian languages. Tim is an avid sailor on Lake Ontario and beyond, constantly tinkering with the 38-foot Hunter he and Esther share.
- Author(s)MR Timothy Bentley
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication06/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.