All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.10
About this product
- DescriptionBone circulation is important to our understanding of many major orthopedic conditions such as osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, repair, and tumors. Yet, circulatory physiology, basic to all healthy organs and most diseases, has been difficult to study in the skeleton. The biological regulation of blood flow is complex and the tissues have been relatively inaccessible to measurement. In recent years, however, advances have been made in understanding circulatory physiology and fluid flow in bone, functional measurement of blood flow, and the roles of circulation in bone turver and repair. These advances have enhanced our insights into bone homeostasis and the interrelationships of circulation and skeletal biology, including repair and disease.This seminal volume presents updated information on circulatory physiology of bone and fluid flow through the bone matrix. It then describes new techniques in quantifying and imaging bone circulation. A clinical section covering circulatory elements of skeletal diseases provides valuable insight into pathophysiology that may serve as diagstic biomarkers or therapeutic targets.
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication09/03/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Weight635 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDr. Roy K. Aaron
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.