All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.12
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- DescriptionThis story is an attempt to understand what drove men to build a monastery on a near vertical pillar of rock off the coast of Ireland. The author has sought to use imagination to bring to life the men who were driven to seek this kind of complete isolation. More than hermits, more than any other monks, they chose a life filled with hardship, back-breaking labour and danger. Those results of their efforts that remain are among the best preserved buildings from the period. The Skellig monastery is a world heritage site and rightly so. It is unique and a thrilling place to visit. Even if you don't feel up to the massive climb and a sea-tossed journey by boat, you can still get a feel for the place in the visitor centre at Valencia.
- Author BiographyBorn and raised in Belfast until troubles and tribal violence drove him away, David grew to be a non-conformist unsettled world-wanderer. He found peace and his true calling as a storyteller in the Irish tradition and now lives in a vast art and book filled house on the side of the Galtee mountains in Ireland. Beloved-Brigitte and a cat with issues called Bobby, share his life here. David Rory O'Neill has written fourteen novels and more are bubbling and brewing.
- Author(s)David Rory O'Neill
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.