All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSkepticism Films: Kwing and Doubting the World in Contemporary Cinema introduces skepticism films as updated configurations of skepticist thought experiments which exemplify the pervasiveness of philosophical ideas in popular culture. Philipp Schmerheim defends a pluralistic film-philosophical position according to which films can be, but need t be, expressions of philosophical thought in their own right. It critically investigates the influence of ideas of skepticism on film-philosophical theories and develops a typology of skepticism films by analyzing The Truman Show, Inception, The Matrix, Vanilla Sky, The Thirteenth Floor, Moon and other contemporary skepticism films. With its focus on skepticism as one of the most significant philosophical problems, Skepticism Films provides a better understanding of the dynamic interplay between film, theories of film and philosophy.
- Author BiographyPhilipp Schmerheim is Lecturer in Children's Media Research at the University of Bremen, Germany, and Adjunct Lecturer for Film-Philosophy at the Philosophy Department of the University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands. His research focuses on film-philosophy, philosophical film analysis, the history and analysis of children's film, and theories of intermediality.
- Author(s)Philipp Schmerheim
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Date of Publication19/11/2015
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleThinking Media
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic USA
- Content Note100 bw illus
- Weight557 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.14
- AU $17.80Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $44.45
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.33
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.