All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover the Joy of Working on Location!Breathe the air and hear the sounds, and experience the freshness and energy that working on location brings to your work...a quality that says -I was here.- And transports your viewer there, too.In Sketch Your World, top artists take you back to the scene--be it a bustling cafe, town square, or quiet park--to share the subjects that caught their eye and how they captured them on paper.Showcases the work and approaches of more than 20 contemporary urban artists.Covers topics such as how to hone observation skills, sketch moving subjects, and convey a sense of atmosphere.Features a range of media, from pencil to watercolor.Explores a variety of techniques, including ways to work with digital tools such as tablets and smart pens. Uncover the fun and excitement of drawing on location while filling your sketchbook with buildings, people and scenes. The creative possibilities are as unlimited as the world around you!
- Author BiographyJames Hobbs is a freelance journalist and artist, and a former editor of Artists & Illustrators magazine. His work has been shortlisted for the Jerwood Drawing Prize and Hunting Art Prize, and is in the Berardo Collection, Lisbon.
- Author(s)James Hobbs
- PublisherNorth Light Bks
- Date of Publication10/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Light Bks
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight685 g
- Width204 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.37
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.