All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCompletely revised and updated, this new edition of Ski Trails in the Canadian Rockies features over 150 trails, tours and traverses for the rdic skier in the five Rocky Mountain National Parks, Kananaskis Country and in neighboring Mount Assiniboine and Mount Robson Provincial Parks. This fifth edition contains stunning, full-color photos throughout.
- Author BiographyChic Scott is a household name in international and Canadian mountaineering circles. One of Canada's most celebrated mountain literature authors and adventurers, he is renowned for his cutting-edge ski exploration in the Canadian Rockies, especially his 1967 high-level traverse from Lake Louise to Jasper. An avid climber in his younger years, his passion led him on great adventures in the Canadian Rockies, the Alps, and further across the globe. In 1967 Scott made the first winter ascent of Mt. Assiniboine in the Canadian Rockies and in 1973 he climbed Myagdi Matha -- the first Himalayan summit reached by a Canadian. In recent years Chic has received several awards - honorary memberships in the Association of Canadian Mountain Guides (1995), the Calgary Mountain Club (1997), and the Alpine Club of Canada (2000), and the Bill March Summit of Excellence Award (2000). His exceptional climbing and skiing history has led him to literally write the books on the subject. Scott's guidebooks Ski Trails in the Canadian Rockies (RMB 2015), Summits and Icefields 1: Alpine Ski Tours in the Canadian Rockies (RMB 2011) and Summits and Icefields 2: Alpine Ski Tours in the Columbia Mountains (RMB 2012) are fundamental resources in any backcountry skier's library. He is also the author of several award winning mountaineering history books including Pushing the Limits: The Story of Canadian Mountaineering (RMB 2000), which won the Best Book on Mountaineering History at the 2000 Banff Mountain Book Festival. Chic lives in Banff, Alberta, Canada.
- Author(s)Chic Scott
- PublisherRocky Mountain Books
- Date of Publication12/04/2016
- SubjectWinter Sports
- Place of PublicationSurrey, BC
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRocky Mountain Books
- Content NoteColor photos throughout, Maps
- Weight471 g
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.